· Love what you do. Your customers will know when something is created with passion.
· Be prepared to get everything in order. Paperwork can seem overwhelming. Create a check off list and enjoy putting a check mark by tasks accomplished.
· Those tasks may include:
· Applying for a permit from the California State Board of Equalization.
· Applying for a business license from each city you work in.
· Getting an Environmental Health Permit from a county if you sell food.
· Getting the correct type of fire extinguisher as required by local and state regulations.
· Gather up everything you will need to have an inviting booth and setup. Most vendors need a canopy and tables and some form of weight system to hold the canopy down.
· You may have to transport your items some distance. If so, invest in a sturdy wagon, cart, or dolly to move your goods.
· Create a business name. Use signage in your booth to advertise who you are and what you do.
· Decide if you want to be cash only or will accept credit cards. There are many companies that can help you with online sales.
· Find the right event or venue for your product. Visit a variety of different events to get a feel for where your items would do best.
· Create your own social media pages to let people know where you will be. Share on bigger sites like community calendars and visitor bureau pages.
· Be willing to put in some time.
· Expect some “best days”, some “worst days” and many “average” days. Try to think about your average over many events.
· Don’t get discouraged your first time out. It may take a year to feel comfortable with this new business you are trying out.
· Enjoy meeting other artists and vendors. Everyone has stories and great tips. Ask questions.
· Have fun with all the people who stop by your booth. They are there to see what you have made and talk to you about it. You are the expert!
May 6 – 10 am to 4 pm
June 10 – 10 am to 5 pm
July 1 – 10 am to 4 pm
Aug. 5 – 10 am to 4 pm
Sept. 2 – 10 am to 4 pm
Oct. 7 – 10 am to 4 pm
Nov. 4 – 10 am to 4 pm
Dec. 2 – 10 am to 3 pm
Art in the Park at Dinosaur Caves - 2018
Where natural beauty meets artistic beauty